The Gift of Giving
Romans 12:1-21 - Ministry Gifts
II Corinthians 9:5-15
Be a cheerful giver.
Purpose in your heart to be a giver.
Freely give us all things Romans 8:32
1) Life more abundantly - Spirit, Soul & body. John 10:10 - Daily loads us with benefits. Psalm 68:19
2) Eternal Life - He gave His son - John 3:16. He loved us so much!
3) Strength & Power to His People - Psalm 68: 35
4) Gives food to the hungry - Psalm 146:7
5) Power to the faint and to them that have no might, He increases strength - Isaiah 40:29
6) Wisdom, Knowledge and understanding - Prov. 2:6, James 1:5 - gives liberally
7) Life unto the world - gave the true bread from heaven - Jesus - John6:33
8) Shephard gives His life for the sheep - John 10:11
9) Peace - Let not your heart be troubled - John 14:27
10) Good gifts to them that ask - Matt 7:11, James 1:17 - every good and perfect gift comes from the Father of Lights
11) The Holy Spirit - Luke 11:13
12) The entrance of His Word gives Light - Psalm 119:130
We Must Give!
1) Eph. 5:1 Be followers of God as dear children
2) Psalm 37:21 The Righteous show mercy and give
3) Prov. 22:9 He that has a bountiful eye shall be blessed, for he gives of his bread to the poor
4) Luke 6:30, 38 Give to every man that asks of you. Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over
5) Acts 20:35 Give to others. More blessed to give then to receive
A cup of water in Jesus name. Mark 9:11
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils, freely you have received, freely give Matt. 10L8
Give to the poor & you will have treasure in Heaven Matt. 19:21
Feed your enemy, give him drink, heaping coals of fire on his head Romans 12:20
Give those things that are needful to the body James 2:14-20 Faith without works is dead
Communicate or teach giving and receiving, so that God may supply all your needs Phil. 4:15-19
Give yourself to prayer and ministry of the Word, continually Acts 6:4
For the feeding of others
Fasting & Prayer I Cor. 7:5
Give thanks for others, mention them in your prayers Eph. 1:16
Those in authority must give account for those they teach Heb 13:17
Giving no offence in anything that the ministry be not blamed II Cor. 6:3
Supplications, prayers and intercessions and the giving of thanks be made for all men I Tim. 2:!
Give to those who minister to you. The labourer is worthy of his hire Luke 10:7
Give an answer to every man. Be ready, honour the Lord in your heart. Give an answer to every man for the reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and respect I Peter 3:15-17
You can give everything you have, but without love it is nothing I Cor. 13:2
Give to the Devil
1) Eph. 4:26-27 No Place - Be angry and sin not, let not the sun go down upon your wrath.
2) I Tim. 5:14, II Tim. 2:21 Give no opportunity for him to accuse you.
Satan could bring nothing against Jesus John 14:30
Give to God
1) Give thanks to God - Col 1:3 In everything give thanks - I Thess. 5:18
Not filthyiness, foolish talking, nor jesting, but give thanks Eph. 5:4
2) Account of our stewardship - Be wise in handling your money - Luke 16:2
3) Tithes Mal. 3:10-12 He will rebuke the devourer and open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing that there will not be enough room to receive it
4) Attendance to reading, exhortation doctrine and neglect not the gifts that God has given you I Tim. 4:13,15
5) Diligence - Make your calling and election sure. II Peter 1:5-11
6) Give more earnest heed to the things which we have heard lest at any time we should let them slip Hebrews 2:1
7) Obedience - I Peter 1:13-16 As obedient children not fashioning ourselves according to the former lusts in our ignorance. He who has called you is Holy, be holy in all manner of living
I Peter 4:8-11
Minister the gift in the ability that God has given you
Please vote for our site by clicking this button
Lessons on Worship start here